Tuesday 3 November 2009

Three Legged Tom


OK OK... any of you who've been to La Blonderie will know how I feel about cats! I'm more of a dog person and that says it all, but, our Tom, I feel, is worth a mention. He's a survivor. A charmer who's been known to charm his way into the holiday apartment and B+B on many an occasion with his sorry limp (lost a leg in a trap)on his quest for food and affection.
Before the mid-term break we lost Tom....His quest for food got the better of him as he jumped into the back of a refrigerated van, parked outside the house here, much to the surprise of the owner of the same as she opened the van outside a school about 10 kms away! A confused and frightened Tom jumped out and hobbled off into the sunset! Many posters and spottings later Tom arrived home - it took him about a week but he's here now - Tom the three-legged traveller!

2 comments:

Tracey Australia said...

So, Tom.... you made it. I'm so proud of you despite your mum trying hard to set you off as a hitch hiker. Shame Shame Shame..... you would love our "cheesle" although she has four legs and can run fast I know you would get along great. Stay safe Tom.....x

Unknown said...

I've now a 'post it' on his fluffy head that reads 'feed me please'!!