Tuesday 10 July 2007

At first I was afraid..I was petrified!

Thought that I could never hatch without you by my side....


Thank you Tom, our three-legged cat, and Kate, for guiding us to Gloria....

This morning,9 year-old Kate was on animal duty..... she'd to feed the dogs, the cat, check that the horses had water, collect the eggs in the straw ( our hens lay in the straw, always in the same place, and take it in turns to do so !) and feed the chickens...They were starving and chicken run wasn't in it as they appeared from nowhere around the grub. And yes, there she was...Gloria, out for a morning stroll.
We watched her cautiously from the kitchen window and found her hiding spot....amongst the flowers! Tom has been hanging around there for awhile now so, I reckon that when we come back from our holidays, the place will be like something out of Hitchcock's 'Birds'!!!

No comments: