Friday 6 July 2007

Gloria's gone again!


For those of you who've visited La Blonderie (the Wilde Kitchen) over the last few months you may be interested to know that our 'Titi' Cotentine chicken, Gloria, has gone missing! Last time we were certain that Mr.Fox had been to visit until one morning, as I fed the other animals, I came across, what I believed to be, one very lifeless chicken in the old hay cart...that was, until she blinked!!! Gloria was hatching!!!
Being from a housing estate in the suburbs of the Big Smoke (Dublin), I'm still learning a little every day about country living, and, believe you me, it's amazing.
Gloria had befriended Tom, the cat,who surveyed her cautiously during her hatching period, while Stevie, her rooster, flirted with Dubh and Dearg, our egg-laying chicks!
Three weeks later Gloria became the proud Mum of 9 little beauties...
and I fully understood the expression 'Mother Hen'...

No comments: