Friday 6 July 2007

Summertime and the livin' is easy.....


Well....Let me tell you that when my beloved invited me to Normandy for the very first time (14 1/2 years ago)the sun was shining...apéritifs were taken out of doors as I thought to myself 'la vie est belle'.....and on February 14th......

I arrived here with all my worldy belongings in the boot of the car on June 29th 1993 and it lashed rain all Summer long....

History repeats itself and here we are again.....and I'm quite sure that my favourite photographer Thierry won't mind if I share his great photo with you.....
Anyway who cares? It could be a lot worse. On RTE radio one morning (thank you Internet..I feel I've got a friend or two in the kitchen who speak my language!) the story went that someone complained about a lack of Summer when a caller rang in and stated:'We did have a Summer...it was lovely on Thursday!'
My french pals put that down to Irish optimism so lets get on with it and make the most of what we've got!
And so for a Summer Special.....try out this apéritif:
Add some Tonic water to Martini Bianco, a few ice cubes and a slice of lemon...

No comments: